Saturday, October 25, 2008

Feeling lucky...

Taganga, Colombia.
Well, last night, something entirely terrible happened. A (bloody Austrian) friend of mine was holding my camera while we were out. It was a risky move on my part because this is a guy who I know is always losing things. But... I was pocketless and he´s attractive enough to be trusted. ;) After a night of dancing (mostly with a Colombian determined to show me salsa moves, which I failed at) I found my camera holding friend in order to take a picture. A few "Are you fucking with me?"´s later I came to believe he no longer had my camera. A small search of the bar ensued, but to no avail. I had lost my best friend. My one and only. Everyone who knows me, even remotely well, will tell you that I am never without my camera. I'm not a photography freak, but I must admit, it's the only way I'm going to remember my life a few years from now. I'm in Colombia! I need my camera!!
A long walk to the hostel and many hugs later, I went to bed feeling quite sad, but on the upside, I would only be losing a couple of days worth of photos and couldn't do much about it- so no point in being angry at any strapping young Austrians.
Today there were a few times I had to hold back a tear at the thought of not being able to take a picture and never sharing the great photos of a friend with an injured eyebrow, or a drunken German, or of the hot Colombian girls I danced my gringa ass off with. I even went back to the bar to have another search, but it was still closed. ;(
I returned to my hostel, put on my sad face, and decided to swing my troubles away in one of the hammocks. Just as I was getting in the groove, the door to my hostel room opened. Out came the Austrian with... my camera!! As an added bonus, he was only wearing a towel, haha! Apparently, he had returned to the hostel at some point last night, quite drunk, and had forgotten about it. As I was I was attempting to be a dancing queen, I hadn´t noticed that he had left, or returned for that matter.
Ahh, somewhere I gained some good karma. Phew.


The found my camera pic.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank GOD! Melissa without camera? IN CON CEIVABLE!! I'm so glad you got it back, half way through the story I was determined to take up a collection. :)

Steph Fish said...

yay!!!!

Steph Fish said...

why is my name poopydoopy??? did you do that??????!!!!

Wiggledemon said...

haha, I so did not make you poopydoopy, but it is hilarious!! I love you...

Unknown said...

That is magnificent!!

 
Custom Search